Murom Institute of Vladimir State University was founded at the education-consultative center in 1957 as a branch of the All-Union Correspondence Institute of the Mechanical-Engineering Institute, Moscow.
In 1978, the Murom branch became a part of Vladimir Polytechnical Institute. It obtained the official status of Murom Institute (branch) of Vladimir State University under the Russian Federation (RF) Education Minister Order № 553 from 30.12.1996 in 1996.
Murom Institute (MI VlGU) conducts educational activities in accordance with the state license registration number № 2016, series AA № 002110, from 13.10.2011 and the state accreditation certificate registration number № 0992, series BB № 001004, from 22.06.2011, both issued by the RF Education Department.
Students: 5,500 (in all programs of studies)
Postgraduates: 42 (1 people studying for doctoral degrees, 41 people studying for candidate degrees)
Campus:9 buildings on campus, 6 off-campus locations at local industrial sites
Computer facilities: 25 computer rooms with over 400 PCs connected to an all-institute local network with full Internet access
Publishing centre: scientific, educational, methodological, local history, fiction, and students’ magazine
Pre-graduate education: department of pre-graduate education, various programs of preliminary courses, physics school, and technical lyceum at high school № 16 in Murom